OFMA is seeking presentations for this conference that focus on the following:
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Water Resources Management
- Flood Insurance/Risk Rating 2.0
- Education & Outreach
- Flood Hazard Mapping
- Green Infrastructure & Stormwater Management
- Damage Assessment
- Coastal Floodplain Management
- Flood Mitigation
- Building Code
- Structural Flood Control (Dams, Levees, etc…)
- Using Technology & Media for Floodplain Management
- Equity in Risk Management
- Climate Change
ONLINE PRESENTATION SUBMITTAL FORM
The Call for Presenters is open to anyone interested in making a presentation in the webinar series. Submissions will be reviewed by the Conference Planning Committee and selected based on content and relevance to floodplain management. Submissions must be received by April 1, 2023 to be considered for presentation. Incomplete or late submissions may be refused.
- Submissions must be concise and provide an accurate description of the policy, educational, scientific, engineering, or technological material to be presented during the webinar.
- Submissions must be submitted through the 2023 ONLINE PRESENTATION SUBMITTAL FORM
- Will be notified of acceptance of the presentation by April 10, 2023.
- Should develop your presentation using the sort of detailed and useful material that you would like to have presented to yourself. Presentations focused on delivering a “sales pitch” approach will not be accepted.
LENGTH & FOCUS OF PRESENTATION
Presentations will be allotted 30, 45, or 60-minute sessions, unless otherwise indicated on the agenda. Please emphasize conclusions and recommendations in your presentation based upon your professional experience(s).
The Statewide Conference will offer three tracks to accommodate attendees and their various levels of floodplain management knowledge and experience. As the only floodplain management conference in Ohio, this annual event attracts a broad audience including local, state and federal government officials, engineers, consultants, planners, related non-profit organizations, and involved citizens. Please develop your presentation using the sort of detailed and useful material that you would like to have presented to yourself. Presentations that will interest the audience and generate conversation are encouraged. Presentations focused on delivering a “sales pitch” approach will not be accepted.
Authors selected as Presenters will use laptop computers and LCD projectors provided on-site, utilizing the Microsoft PowerPoint program. Additionally, each presentation should either be brought to the conference via USB flash drive or submitted to the Conference Chair in advance. A moderator will monitor each breakout session. There will be no extra time between speakers; therefore ‘swapping out’ personal equipment is strongly discouraged. Laser pointers will be available for use.
Presenters are responsible for their own hotel, air, and other travel arrangements. Conference facility and accommodations information have been posted on the CONFERENCE WEBPAGE.
Presenters may bring books, reports, pamphlets, handouts, and other materials that may be of interest to the audience.
For more information about the 2023 Ohio Statewide Floodplain Management Conference, please direct inquiries to:
Alicia Silverio – Conference Coordinator